Updated: April 2018
The data controller is:
Bryter Digital of 1 Pilgrims Way, Canterbury, CT1 1XS
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect a variety of information about our customers and visitors to the Website.
Information Collected Automatically: Whenever you visit our Website, we automatically collect (non invasive) information about you, namely:
- your transactions with us, for example, the type of subscription you purchased and the cost of this
- your use of our Website and the device you use to access our Website, for example, your IP address, the type of operating system and web browser you use and related information; and your activities on our Website, such as the pages you visit.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- if you provide us with Personal Information by filling out a form, registering for an account, purchasing a subscription, or contacting us, we collect that Personal Information. For example, if you register on our Website, we collect your name, e-mail address, password, Company name, Job title and Address details;
- If you are a member of an accreditation scheme we also collect your Home Inspector number.
CREDIT AND PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION
EDT uses third party payment processor PayPal to process payments made for products and services via the Website. All online payments will be conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards. We only store the tokens required to identify the transaction with PayPal, issue refunds and identify transactions made using PayPal.
Our Website uses "cookies" and files that are similar to cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers created by your browser at our request and stored on your computer. Cookies help us to distinguish you from other users of our Website. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, see our Cookies Policy. (see below)
WHERE WE STORE DATA
EDT transfers, processes and stores data about you on servers located in a number of countries. Your Personal Information may therefore be transferred to, processed and stored in a country different from your country of residence, and be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence. Information collected within the European Economic Area ("EEA") and Switzerland may, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties referred to below that are located in a country outside of the EEA and Switzerland, where you may have fewer rights in relation to your Personal Information. By using the Website and providing us with your Personal Information, you are consenting to the transfer, processing and storage of your Personal Information in countries outside of your country of residence.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to maintain and improve our Website, including personalizing your online experience;
- operate our business, including the provision to you of information, products and services that you request and other transactional or administrative updates;
- to administer your account;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and services we feel may interest you (where you have consented to receiving such communications);
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to make our future marketing efforts and those of third parties more effective; and
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research, testing, statistical and survey purposes.
We may also combine the information which you provide to us (such as your registration details) with information which we collect about you (such as information about your orders) and/or receive from other sources and use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose information about our customers and visitors to the Website to third parties.
- Business Operations: In order to carry out certain business functions, such as payment processing, e-mail delivery, or marketing, we may hire other companies to perform services on our behalf. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect about you to these companies to enable them to perform these services.
- Third Party Partners: We may partner with third parties to provide you with information about products or services that we feel may be of interest to you. We will only disclose your Personal Information to such third parties if you have consented to receiving such information.
- Merger, Sale or Acquisition: In addition, it is possible that in the future another company may acquire EDT or its assets or that EDT may partner with or purchase another company to continue to do business as a combined entity. In the event that any such transaction occurs, it is possible that our customer information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to the new business entity as one of EDT’S assets. In such an event, we will update this policy to reflect any change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
While you are visiting or using the Website, you may be presented with an opportunity to purchase third party products or services. These products and services are offered and supplied by independent companies. If you click on one of the presented offers, you will be redirected to the site of the third party, and any information you provide in response to the offer will be will be governed by the privacy and other policies of that third party. We do not guarantee the security of your Personal Information when using such third party sites or that the operator of such third party sites will comply with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Communications from EDT: If you do not want to receive email communications from EDT about our own or third-party products and services that may be of interest to you, you can update your preferences in the My Profile section of the Website. You can also click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of one of our emails. Even if you opt-out of email marketing or choose to be placed on one of these lists, we may still communicate with you using any of these methods for those non-marketing purposes set out above in the "Use of Information" section.
Deactivation of Your Account: You may also request deactivation of your EDT account by contacting us using the below details and requesting account deactivation. Please note that your Personal Information may remain in our archived records after your account has been deactivated, but we will not keep it for longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes listed above.
UPDATING AND ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to change your name, e-mail address, password, and/or communication preferences after you have registered, you can access your account in the My Profile section of the Website.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you also have the right to request access to and correction of Personal Information that we hold about you. This right of access and correction can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards reasonably necessary to ensure the protection of your Personal Information against loss, misuse, disclosure and alteration.
When you establish an account with EDT, you choose a password to help protect your account information. A password is only as strong as you make it: you should select a unique password and keep it safe. You may change your password as often as you wish by going to My Profile section of the Website. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Our sign-in process is designed to help protect your privacy. If you have trouble signing in to our Website, please ensure that you are using your registered e-mail address and correct password. If you are using your registered e-mail address and correct password, and you continue to have trouble signing in to our Website, please contact us using the details below.
Notwithstanding the above, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
EDT CONTACT DETAILS
Where you need to contact EDT, you may:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on : 01227 811831 (please note this is not a support number)
- Write to us at:
Bryter Digital Limited
Company Number 08555393
1 Pilgrims Way, Canterbury CT1 1XS
When writing to us, please be sure to include your exact name, address, telephone number and specific preferences or request.